Raj Scientific Company offers Hegman Gauge or Grind Gauge. Hegman gauge is an important tool in measuring a parameter of fine solid particle size or thick liquids.
- A Hegman Gauge is also called as a Grind Gauge or Grindometer.
- The device is used to determine the fine particles of pigment (or other solid) dispersed in a sample of paint (or other liquid).
- Hegman Gauge is to indicate the fineness of grind or the presence of coarse particles in a sample. Hegman Gauge does not determine particle size distribution.
Raj Scientific Company is the leading Manufacturer, Supplier and Exporter of Testing Instruments and Lab Equipments in Mumbai. A Direct Contact with Customers throughout India and outside India with excellent service supports.
Tag: Hegman Gauge
A Hegman Gauge is also called as a Grind Gauge or Grindometer. The device is used to determine the fine particles of pigment (or other solid) dispersed in a sample of paint (or other liquid). Hegman Gauge is 170mm by 65mm by 15mm, in lengthwise, 12.5mm across and narrowing uniformly in depth from 100 μm to zero.
- This Gauge also indicates the fineness of grind or the presence of coarse particles in a sample. It does not determine particle size distribution.
- This gauge is used by puddling a sample of paint at the deep end of the gauge and draw the paint down with a flat edge along the grooves.
- This paint fills the grooves, and the location where a regular, significant “peppiness” in the appearance of the coating appears, marks the coarsest-ground dispersed particles.
- Than these reading will be taken from the scale marked by the grooves.
- They are available in three models 0 to 25 micron, 0 to 50 micron, 0 to 100 micron.
- The most important parameter in paint evaluation is the fineness of grind gauge, which is manufacture from hardened stainless steel and have two ground channels giving scales of both microns and Hegman.
- It is widely used for this purpose because it requires minimal skill and only a few seconds’ works.
- Grind Gauge uses to control the productions and application of dispersion products produced by milling.
- In these operations, the samples are placed into the top end of it and then draw down using the scraper blade.
Associated standards are:
- ISO 1524
- DIN 53-203
- ASTM D1210
- ASTM D1316
- ASTM D333
We are catering to a wide range of instruments and types of equipment for every Laboratory includes Paint, Printing Ink, Powder Coating, Pigment, Varnish Testing Instruments, Oil, Petroleum, Grease, Bitumen testing, Lab Wares, Silica-wares, Porcelain, Platinum-Wares. Water Testing / Analysing Instruments and test Kits
Glass-wares & Laboratory Chemicals Analytical testing instruments.
Electronic measuring instruments and other products used for research and development.
For More Details/Enquiry please fill our contact Form.